Standard Acopian BirdSavers consist of 1/8" diameter nylon cords hanging about 4.25" apart. They hang from a 1/8" diameter nylon, horizontal "support cord".
To make Acopian BirdSavers for an arched window, I need a tracing of the arched area of the glass. The tracing should exactly show the arch of the curved glass. This can be many of pieces of paper taped together, and it doesn’t need to look pretty. And be sure to mark on the tracing where the H1 distance meets the arch on both sides. In other words you should send an exact duplicate of the window arch (only the glass part), but the duplicate will be made of paper. You can then fold up the paper tracing, put it in an envelope, and send it via snail mail to:
131 Loomis Street
Easton, PA 18045
Before making the tracing, and before placing your order, please email a photo of the window to Dizzybird@BirdSavers.com, just to be sure we are on the same page!
To order Arched Acopian BirdSavers, these items are required:
- Glass Width (at the bottom)
- Glass Height of Apex (H2) and Sides (H1)
- Distance 'A'
- Mounting Choice
- Measure the Width and Height (H1 and H2) of the GLASS.
The dimension H1 is the distance from the bottom of the glass to end of the arch on the left or right side.
The dimension H2 is the distance from the bottom of the glass to the apex of the arch.
- Determine Distance 'A'. This is the distance from the horizontal "support cord" to the top of the glass. Be sure your Distance 'A' is between about 0.5 inches and 8 inches. Otherwise, your measurement is probably incorrect! (click here to see Distance 'A' for Arched windows).
- Determine which Mounting Choice you would like to use for attaching the 'support cord' to the building:
Aluminum Velcro Tabs - See Photo
Screws and Clamps - See Photo
Acopian BirdSavers are hand-made to order.
We can make BirdSavers for ANY window. For very large windows, unusual shaped windows, or for commercial installations please contact Acopian BirdSavers. Please feel free to send photos with your inquiry to Dizzybird@BirdSavers.com.
To order Acopian BirdSavers for Arched windows, complete the information below (to get a quote, instead of ordering, simply enter the word "quote" into the Coupon/Gift Certificate field during checkout):
(Also, please send a photo of your Arched window to Dizzybird@BirdSavers.com)