Make Your Own DIY Acopian BirdSavers
(Or order custom Acopian BirdSavers here)
- METHOD 1: How to make Acopian BirdSavers using paracord for the top horizontal piece, as well as for the vertical pieces.
- METHOD 2: How to make Acopian BirdSavers using paracord for the vertical pieces, and using Vinyl J Channel, wood moulding, aluminum extrusion, or small diameter PVC pipe, etc. for the top horizontal piece.
‘Quick Guide’ to make your own Acopian BirdSavers
- Use 1/8″ diameter (approximate), dark colored, paracord (parachute cord).
- How to make your own BirdSavers:
- Attach the paracord on the outside of the window, above the glass.
- Space the vertical hanging paracord anywhere from 3.5” to 4.25” apart.
- If you are concerned about wind blowing the cords, the bottoms of the cords can be attached below the glass, although many people like the effect when the cords stop about 2” above the bottom of the glass.
- When you are finished, please send us some photos. We would love to see your BirdSavers! Thanks. firstname.lastname@example.org